Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am a Crazy Deranged Fool...of sorts

This video makes me ridiculously happy: Hugh Macleod of GapingVoid, cartoonist, blogger, maverick man on a mission.




This is how I feel most days doing this blog: one with big dreams, caring hoping wishing supporting cheering lamenting delighting and plugging away on things most people really dont pay much mind too alas, a wee fangirl in the giant vast desert of the (Scottish or more accurately, Northern US) hills lol. Here I am writing about a company that deserves so so much more attention than anything this wee blog could bring it.
Hugh is awesome. He has a mail list now about being a crazy deranged fool for "somebody who has the temerity to aspire to work in a way that produces both joy, meaning and contribution for both them and others, while also paying the bills." I dont make one red cent off this blog, but I enjoy doing this (despite occ rants) and hope once in a while someone else finds a bit of joy in learning more about this great company and various related movies/people I adore. Most people think Im crazy for doing this I know, but here I remain. Hugh has a book coming out in June I am going to get, called "Ignore Everybody: and 39 other keys to creativity." Sound advice I think, cant wait to get it. I wrote Hugh once to thank him, because while he doesn't know it, he often serves as a source of continued inspiration and reassurance to continue being a crazy deranged fool when I waiver and think OK enough. Hes hilarious, smart, provocative, always gets me thinking, plus once in a while he makes me laugh and smile at his big heart because I totally understand one thing: Passion is everything and without it, you go no where. Go Hugh Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment