Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Alex Kapranos, Scottish Style Icon?

Listen Up Franz Ferdinand Fans! Is Alex Kapranos deserving of the Scottish Fashion Awards Style Icon of 2008 award? While many think he and the band are a fine lot indeed, here is your chance to vote for Alex in the Scottish Fashion awards as announced today in The Herald newspaper. To Vote (for now) send an email to marketing@theherald.co.uk, putting Style Icon in the subject line. All votes must be received by noon on June 23. Only one vote per person. The winner will be announced at the Scottish Fashion Awards on June 29.

Other contenders are
* JENNI FALCONER - TV PRESENTER
* LAURA FRASER - ACTRESS
* DARIUS - ACTOR
* ADELE BETHEL - SINGER
* HANNAH MCGILL - EDINBURGH FILM FESTIVAL
* KT TUNSTALL - SINGER
* JIM LAMBIE - ARTIST
* TAMMY KANE - CREATIVE DIRECTOR
* CRAIG FERGUSON - TV PRESENTER
* ALEX KAPRANOS - SINGER

lol well, Im kinda thinking Alex has a good chance lolol, but I also like KT Tunstall who is solid and really good in concert (looks like a regular girl too not too all uber thin and has substance with style). I watch Ferguson everyone now and then (my late nights are spent with my boy Jon Stewart, and Letterman who I met a couple times over the years when I used to work for NBC, still cracks me up when he slams the pinheads lol) but yea totally go vote for Alex lol.

On a related note, over the weekend, the Sunday Herald ran a new feature on the Edinburgh Film Festival director Hannah McGill. In this article, she spoke about the criticism she has faced along with getting the job of running a large festival such as the one in Edinburgh. Again my deepest regret is that I was unable to go last year to see first hand that festival and the premiere of Hallam Foe, but it seemed to be a good success from most of what I read afterward. yea totally some people are ALWAYS going to bitch and complain and it really can hurt like hell. Having been subjected to some truly horrible statements blasted anonymously on the internet (and horrid emails) myself I can relate to how it can stun and sting, but she must stay resolute and have faith that time and her own solid reputation can develop over time. This year looks to be a wonderful festival with The Edge of Love getting a lot of press,a s is the myspace film and of course Im way keen on Stone of Destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment